I am an Australian Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant and can perform marriage ceremonies anywhere in Australia.

Prior to your wedding-at least 30 days- we need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage and I need to sight various forms of Identification to complete this with you.

There are only a few legal requirements that must be said during the ceremony that I will go over with you, as well as the legal documents to be filled in on the day of the Ceremony.

Groom signing wedding license

The Australian Attorney-General website has various other information on legal specifics. An extract is below:

To be legally married in Australia, a person must:

  • not be married to someone else
  • not be marrying a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister
  • be at least 18 years old, unless a court has approved a marriage where one party is aged between 16 and 18 years old
  • understand what marriage means and freely consent to marrying
  • use specific words during the ceremony
  • give written notice of their intention to marry to their authorised celebrant, within the required time frame.

The celebrant you choose will help you understand these requirements.

You don’t have to be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia to legally marry here. You can find marriage visa information on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website, if you hope to live in Australia after your marriage.

Important paperwork – Notice of Intended Marriage

  • A new Notice of Intended Marriage form, which couples can start to use on 9 December 2017, is available on the Marriage stationery and forms page.
  • A completed Notice of Intended Marriage form must be given to your celebrant at least one month before the wedding. You can give it to your celebrant up to 18 months beforehand.
  • Your celebrant can help you complete the form. The notice may be completed and witnessed outside Australia if required.
  • Talk to your celebrant if there is less than one month before your wedding. A prescribed authority may approve a shorter notice time in some limited circumstances.
  • You will need to give your celebrant evidence of date and place of birth, identity and the end of any previous marriages for each party. Your celebrant may also ask you to complete a statutory declaration to support your evidence.

After you are married

On the day of your wedding, you will sign three marriage certificates. Each certificate should be signed by you, your celebrant and two witnesses. Your celebrant will give you one of the certificates as a record of your marriage.
Your celebrant must register your marriage with the registry of births, deaths and marriages in the state or territory it took place within 14 days.

The certificate issued by the registry of births, deaths and marriages is required for many official purposes. You should apply for a copy of this certificate from the registry after your wedding through the relevant births, deaths and marriages.



I have a very low all inclusive fee that covers all meetings, correspondence, transport, ceremony and readings examples, writing, changes, a rehearsal and the ceremony itself. I have a PA system and microphones if required.

My fee is $450 all inclusive. If you do want to get married in Kakadu or on a rollercoaster we’ll discuss extra costs 😉

My inclusions and fee will be outlined clearly in a basic real human language document you will receive before deciding to hire me.

I required a deposit of 50% to lock in the date of your wedding and start work on your ceremony, with the rest to be paid before the ceremony.